[RCU] Authentication while login

Egbert Jan van den Bussche egbert at vandenbussche.nl
Mon Nov 22 13:59:57 CET 2010

Op 22-11-2010 3:45, Minh Nguyen schreef:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm using Postfix + Dovecot + Mysql + RoundCube webmail. The password
> saved in Mysql database is *MD5-CRYPT*.
>
> In Dovecot configuration, I set the authentication mechanisms:
>
> *auth default {
> mechanisms = plain login digest-md5 cram-md5
> }*
>
> In Round Cube main.inc.php, I set:
> *$rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = "auth";
> //CRAM-MD5*
>
> But I cannot login. If I change the *imap_auth_type* to *Plain*, I can
> login smoothly.
>
> Cound you please help me how to enable authentication login for Round Cube?
>
> BRs/Minh.

  Hi Minh,

I have exactly the same setup with
postfix/dovecot/roundcube/mysql/postfixadmin. I can use all login modes
ssl/tls starttls on port 110, 143, 993, 995.

I have In dovecot:
auth default {
    mechanisms = plain login

and in roundcube:
$rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = null;
$rcmail_config['smtp_auth_type'] = '';

Which is the default in the distro. I/m affraid thzat the doc is bit
confusing on this topic...

HTH
Egbert Jan