[RCU] Authentication while login

Christian Flothmann christian.flothmann at xabbuh.de
Mon Nov 22 19:45:10 CET 2010

Am Montag, 22. November 2010, um 03:45:14 schrieb Minh Nguyen:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm using Postfix + Dovecot + Mysql + RoundCube webmail. The password saved
> in Mysql database is *MD5-CRYPT*.
>
> In Dovecot configuration, I set the authentication mechanisms:
>
> *auth default {
> mechanisms = plain login digest-md5 cram-md5
> }*
>
> In Round Cube main.inc.php, I set:
> *$rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = "auth";
> //CRAM-MD5*

If you want to offer CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5 mechanism you have store passwords
in plaintext:

"The problem with non-plaintext auth mechanisms is that the password must be
stored either in plaintext, or using a mechanism-specific scheme that's
incompatible with all other non-plaintext mechanisms. For example if you're
going to use CRAM-MD5 authentication, the password needs to be stored in
either PLAIN or CRAM-MD5 scheme. If you want to allow both CRAM-MD5 and
DIGEST-MD5, the password must be stored in plaintext. "

(see http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/PasswordSchemes#line-32)

 --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---
  http://detached.gigo.com/rc/e3/ty431DUk/signature.asc
 --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---