[RCU] Roundcubemail very slow since upgrade to 4.0

Eggert eggert at eehmke.de
Tue Oct 5 09:58:55 CEST 2010

 Hello,

 On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 20:13:01 +0200, "A.L.E.C" <alec at alec.pl> wrote:

     Eggert wrote:

         I run roundcubemail quite some time on my server with Dovecot
 1.2.11 IMAP on the same server and had no problems. Since the upgrade to
 4.0 (4.0.1 did not make a difference) the reaction times are awful slow,
 about 5 seconds to display the message list or to open the editor.

     Are you using caching?

 Indeed the caching was enabled in 0.3 and disabled for some reason in
 0.4. I reenabled it and now roundcubemail works fast again. The reason
 for disabling caching was the comment in the config file:
 // enable caching of messages and mailbox data in the local database.
 // this is recommended if the IMAP server does not run on the same
 machine
 because my IMAP server runs on the same machine. So it does make a
 difference.
 Thanks for the hint.