[RCU] Bugfix release 0.4.2 out now

Wed Oct 6 20:34:13 CEST 2010

On 2010-10-06 11:49 AM, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:27:12 +0200, Thomas Bruederli
> <roundcube at gmail.com> wrote:
>> As you might have heard, also the developers of Roundcube are just human
>> beings and thus not always creating perfect and 100% bug free work. The
>> last 0.4.1 release fixed many bugs but also introduced a quite annoying new
>> one.

> That's because you put out a prerelease and called it a release!
>
> If you called it 0.4.1-pre1, this one could now have been called
> 0.4.1-pre2 which can simply be relabeled as 0.4.1 if nothing
> goes wrong.

Ummm... chill?

Iirc, there were a few betas and at least one RC. The fact is, most
people won't update until a package is stable, so whether you call it a
beta, release candidate, or prerelease, if a software doesn't have a lot
of 'testers' who will run pre-release version, bugs in released versions
are inevitable.

I for one thank our roundcube overlords... :)

--

Best regards,

Charles