[RCU] Problems after a switch from Apache2 to Nginx

Tamashii tamashii at jeranet.at
Wed Aug 24 00:49:00 CEST 2011

Hello,

I've recently switched my webserver from Apache2 to Nginx (I'm running
Debian 6).
Before I could use Roundcube with just an added /roundcube from any
domain on my system.

I've tried to things to get that back:
1.st -> I used a symlink to add /var/lib/roundcube as webmail to the
respective web directory.
2.nd -> I used a config in Nginx like that:
server {
  server_name webmail.mydomain.us;
  root   /var/lib/roundcube;

  access_log  /var/log/nginx/webmail.mydomain.us.access.log;
  error_log  /var/log/nginx/webmail.mydomain.us.error.log debug;

  location / {
  index  index.html index.htm index.php;
  try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php;
  }

  location ~ \.php$ {
  fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME /var/lib/roundcube$fastcgi_script_name;
  include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
  include /etc/nginx/php;
  }
}

Both show me a login page - and I can login successfully (I see new mail
an all options) - and then after 1-2 seconds I am kicked back to the
login page.

Any ideas what I can change?

Thanks in advance!