[RCU] Threaded view

Chris January chris at atomice.net
Thu Aug 25 18:14:38 CEST 2011

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 17:28:45 +0200, Thomas Schober wrote:
> i tried to read my gmail mails from within roundcube, which is
> working
> great. The only bad thing is, that you can't use threaded view with
> gmail. Is there any plugin available, which turns that feature on ? I
> know, that the standard implementation of roundcube uses the
> functionality of the imap server to group conversations but it looks
> like gmail did not activate that feature on their servers. Is there
> any other possibility to get it working with gmail ?

Originally the IMAP library had some code to perform client-side
threading (i.e. Roundcube threads the messages):

http://trac.roundcube.net/browser/trunk/roundcubemail/program/lib/imap.inc?rev=3353

I replaced it with server-side threading when I added the threaded
message view because client-side threading is incredibly slow.

However if you wanted to add that feature then I would start with that
code. You will need to make it return the threads in the same tree
structure as roundcube_imap_generic::threads.

Regards,
Chris January