[RCU] How To Remove Users From Database

Carlos Mennens carloswill at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 21:13:28 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Michael Orlitzky <michael at orlitzky.com> wrote:
> Did you replace,
>
>  user_id = self.get_user_id(account)
>
> with the user ID you want to delete? A plain old integer should work.

I did not. I'm not sure I understand your SQL statement you showed me
and how to run this on my database system. Lets say I am trying to
delete "all" instances of Mike Smith in RoundCube:

webmail=# SELECT user_id FROM users WHERE username = 'msmith';
 user_id
---------
     114
(1 row)

So now I've identified that I want to remove user_id '114' from every
instance of the 'users' table however I'm still not clear on how I
present this command based on your example script. Sorry I'm slow or
missing something but I'm trying to understand.

Also it appears that this just manages data from the user in the
'users' table but then you still have the 'identities' table which I'm
guessing still has orphaned data from Mike Smith too, no?