[RCU] stuck at imap-test because of auth type?

Lupin5th at gmx.net Lupin5th at gmx.net
Fri Dec 9 20:04:24 CET 2011

Hello!

I hope someone here can point me in the right direction, because i seem to have a board in front of my head x_x

I am stuck at the installation test for imap-login. The server is a ubuntu 10.4.3 lts, dovecot 1.2.9. telnet-testing the mail accounts works fine, i can use thunderbird and squirrelmail as clients and successfully log in.
But when i try a working user/pw combo in the config-testing-form, i get "Authentication failed". When i checked the dovecot.log, i saw this:
 imap-login: Info: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts): method=DIGEST-MD5, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured

even though in the main.inc.php i specified:
$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'localhost';
$rcmail_config['default_port'] = 143;
$rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = PLAIN;

anyone got a clue as to where this md5 is coming from? my brain seems kinda blocked on this one.. =)
thanks in advance for any hints already!

best regards
sil

"Do you know what happens to a toad struck by lightning..?
The same thing that happens to anything else..."