[RCU] Config setting to default Preview Pane to enabled?

Arne Berglund aberglund at lesd.k12.or.us
Thu Dec 15 17:03:26 CET 2011

On 12/15/11 03:57, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 2011-12-15 2:02 AM, A.L.E.C <alec at alec.pl> wrote:
>> On 14.12.2011 20:39, Charles Marcus wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I just upgraded to 0.6 from 0.4.2 (and will upgrade to 0.7 once the
>>> gentoo ebuild is updated), went smooth as silk and love the
>>> improvements!
>>>
>>> But, per the subject, is there a way to make the preview pane
>>> default to
>>> enabled for all users, then allow them individually to switch it
>>> off if
>>> they want?
>>
>> 'preview_pane' setting in config file.
>
> I guess since this was an install that has been upgraded repeatedly,
> some of the new config options got lost. I just manually diffed them
> and
> updated it with all of the ones that were missing.
>
> Thanks!

It may be worth noting again that I have been maintaining a Roundcube
instance in production use (~2000 users) since version 0.2, and I never
update an existing install. While the update process is pretty well
documented, there are sometimes bugs that creep in, and there are always
new features that I need to learn about. Setting up a new version from
scratch (on a copy of the previous version's database) is a good way to
learn what's in there.

--
Arne Berglund
System Administrator, Internet Services