[RCU] Does roundcube support STARTTLS on port 587 for sending mail?

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Thu Dec 29 15:55:32 CET 2011

On 12/29/2011 6:28 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 2011-12-28 4:37 PM, Stan Hoeppner <stan at hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
>> Have you read this yet?  3-4 years old.
>> http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1484883
>
> Thanks Stan...
>
>> Alec's final patch doesn't state whether one needs to use
>> $rcmail_config['smtp_server'] = 'tls://smtp.host.com';
>
> Actually it does:
>
> "I just added a patch (#1484883.200812170953.patch) to enable the
> 'tls://' prefix in Net/SMTP. Please test."

This comment was made by Robin regarding his earlier patch, not Alec's
final patch.  I was unable to discern if Alec's patch required 'tls://'
or not, and Alec didn't mention it one way or the other.

> Just tested and it is now working...

Cool.

> Alec - maybe the main.inc.php config file should document this like it
> does the use of the deprecated port 465 for smtps?

Yes, accurate documentation is always nice, some would say a
requirement.  I agree with the latter group. :)

> Thanks again Stan,

Glad I was to help.

--
Stan