[RCU] RC 0.7 and LDAP groups filter problem

Ismail YENIGUL ismail.yenigul at surgate.com
Fri Dec 30 12:30:19 CET 2011

Hi,

On 30.12.2011 12:38, Andreas Dick wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2011, 18.12:30 schrieb Ismail YENIGUL:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am testing roundcube 0.7-stable. I configured LDAP Adressbook with the
>> following groups properties:
>>
>>    'groups'        =>  array(
>>       'base_dn'     =>  'dc=mydomain',
>>       'filter'      =>  '(objectClass=rmailGroup)',
>>       'object_classes' =>  array("top", "mailGroup"),
>>       'member_attr'  =>  'rfc822member',   // name of the member
>> attribute, e.g. uniqueMember
>>       'name_attr'    =>  'cn',       // attribute to be used as group name
>>     ),
> what is now your correct objectClass? rmailGroup or mailGroup?
sorry for typo. it should be mailGroup

>> I can see the users and groups emails in address book but not group
>> members. When i click on group no member listed.
>> After enabling rouncube debug, I saw the following LDAP query. It seems
>> that RC users full dn as a filter value.
> yes. this is how the groupOfNames structure works.
>
> Any idea?
> Now, my questions are:
> - what server do you use?
It is openldap 2.4 server running on centos 6
> - do you control this server? or are you just user of it?
I am admin on this server.
> - if you set it up, is this mailGroup someting like a standard?
> - how do your schema look like?
> 	->  how is objectClass=rmailGroup defined?
> 	->  how is rfc822member defined... is it based on member?
> - can you please give us an output of ldapsearch with a group object as
> exsample?
This is actually qmail-ldap distribution list. I only changed qmailGroup
attribute to mailGroup attribute in schema file.
You can get the full list of schema at
http://www.qmail-ldap.org/wiki/index.php/Qmail.schema
Here is the full ldiff entry:

dn: uid=mylist at test.com,ou=test.com,o=mail,dc=mydomain
bounceadmin: mylist at admin.com
mailQuotaCount: 0
mailQuotaSize: 0
senderconfirm: FALSE
deliveryMode: nolocal
deliveryMode: noprogram
sn: listname
mail: mylist at test.com
mailMessageStore: /mailstore/test.com/mylist
membersonly: FALSE
mailHost: mail.domain.com
givenName: listname
uid: mylist at test.com