[RCU] idea of identities

Tomas Macek macek at fortech.cz
Fri Dec 30 13:03:08 CET 2011

I'm using rcmail 0.7 from source. I setup everything but don't understand
the identitities_level feature in main.inc.php and the identities
generally.

I want to create a new mail, but even if I have
identities_level = 3, I can specify the From: address and even if I don't
enter any, I'm noticed with message box, that I must enter some
From: address. Why?? Because
I can enter ANY address for example something like 'nonexistent at email.com'
if I really want (the only domain part is checked).

How is the idea of this? Am I missing something or do I have to configure
something more?
According to me, the textbox for entering ANY email address should be
replaced with label 'myownemail at address.com' and link for editing
identities should disappear...

Thank you
Best regards, Tomas