[RCU] Roundcube using from IMAP auth type

Daniel Bryan danbryan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 01:14:29 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to get roundcube set up in tandem with a postfix/courier setup
that uses a MYSQL table for user authentication. I use the PLAIN auth type,
and everything works correctly on my other clients, but I get the following
error in /var/log/mail.log when I attempt to login with roundcube:

Mar 22 10:56:34 [hostname] imapd: LOGIN FAILED, method=CRAM-MD5,
> ip=[::ffff:192.168.1.254]
> Mar 22 10:56:39 [hostname] imapd: Disconnected, ip=[::ffff:192.168.1.254],
> time=6, starttls=1

The login method quoted there is strange, as I have this line in
/etc/roundcube/main.inc.php:

> $rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = 'PLAIN';

I've also tried it without capital letters, and with double quotes with and
without.

I'm running Debian Wheezy with the 2.6.32-5-kirkwood kernel. All packages
are up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.