[RCU] Question about hw specs for roundcube

emilio brambilla emilio at antispam.it
Tue Mar 22 14:59:55 CET 2011

hello,

On 03/21/2011 03:57 PM, Javier de Miguel Rodriguez wrote:

> We want to use Roundcube 0.5.1 on Linux (RHEL 5.6 x64). We want to use RCU&
> mysql in the same host, and we will have a maximum of 1.500 concurrent users.

with 1500 concurrent users you mean 1500 different users connected to
the web interface at the same instant? if so you will need more than a
single web server and, perhaps, also a mysql cluster on different hosts
than the web servers. (also don't forget to use imapproxy to avoid to
start/stop imap connections every click of the user)

1500 imap concurrent connection on a dovecot server is big, but 1500
concurrent webmail users are a huge load for the servers

> How much memory does roundcube uses? Any real-world experience?
it depends on your apache and php configuration... to have real numbers
you should measure it on a staging box with your apache and php
configuration and some users with mailbox and folder sized like the real
mailboxes on the production environment.

--
bye,
emilio