[RCU] RESOLVED: problems after Debian 5 to 6 upgrade

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Mon May 2 09:16:40 CEST 2011

On 4/30/2011 1:03 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> Back to the original problem...  My lighttpd, RC 0.3.1, PHP5, sqlite
> packages are part of stock Debian 6.0 AFAIK.  I've just posted a message
> on debian-user about this RC problem; hoping to hear something soon.

Changing the following in /etc/php5/conf.d/suhosin.ini fixed the problem.

; Transparent Encryption Options
;suhosin.session.encrypt = on    <-- default
suhosin.session.encrypt = off

I'm not absolutely certain of the cause, and can't verify my hypothesis
as I no longer have a Debian 5 system to test, but, that said...

Apparently the php5 binary shipped w/ Debian 5 did not have the suhosin
module compiled into it, thus the 'on' setting above was simply ignored,
and I did not have the RC login redirection problem.  Debian 6 php5 does
have suhosin compiled in

PHP 5.3.3-7+squeeze1 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Mar 18 2011 17:22:52)
Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
     with Suhosin v0.9.32.1, Copyright (c) 2007-2010, by SektionEins GmbH

and thus the 'on' setting above was in effect, causing the login
redirection problem.  I'm surprised that the Debian teams allowed this
situation to occur.  If my hypothesis is correct, not just mine, but
every Debian 6 RC 0.3.1 server was down after the distribution upgrade,
with no relevant log entries whatsoever, an no warnings in documentation
prior to the upgrade.

Apparently I'm the only Debian+RC user on the planet?

--
Stan