[RCU] Question about Roundcube memory usage and max mysql threads

Maria Arrea maria_arrea at gmx.com
Fri May 6 18:46:12 CEST 2011

Hello

 This is my setup

 - 1 Quad Core Nehalem @ 2.80 ghz
 - 12 GB of ram
 - RAID 1+0 of 8 SAS 15K rpm disks
 - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.6 x64
 - Apache 2.2.3, PHP 5.3.6, Mysql 5.5, php-apc
 - Latest stable roundcube version (0.5.2 today..)
 - IMAP server: dovecot 2.0.11 in another host

 I must support 1.200 concurrent users with roundcube (we are almost 15.000, 10% of concurrency is not a bad deal), and I have the following questions:

 - How much memory does roundcube uses?
 - How many mysql threads should I use for 1.200 concurrent users?
 - Any performance hint about this setup?

 Regards

 Maria