[RCU] Plugin menu not visible [SOLVED] (Ubuntu)

Terry Carmen terry at cnysupport.com
Mon Sep 19 22:13:29 CEST 2011

 On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 15:18:11 -0400, Terry Carmen wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 21:02:55 +0200, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:10:52 -0400, Terry Carmen wrote:
>>>  There are a ton of entries in Apache's error log like:
>>>
>>>  [Mon Sep 19 14:06:21 2011] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] PHP
>>>  Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is
>>>  deprecated in /usr/share/php/MDB2.php on line 393, referer:
>>>

>>> https://www.example.com/roundcube/?_task=mail&_id=xxxxxxxx&_action=compose
>>>
>>>  I'm not sure if these are just complaints, or if they're actually
>>>  causing it to bomb out. It's PHP 5.3.5.

>> just in roundcube deb file ?
>>
>> does it work with plugings disabled ?
>
>  Yes. The whole thing is completely flawless, except there are no
>  plugins.
>
>  It's hard to imagine I'm the only one who has seen this, so I'm a
>  little reluctant to report it as a bug yet.
>
>  I'll do some more investigating and see what I can find.

 SUCCESS!

 The root directory for roundcube contained main.inc.php.dist, which I
 assumed needed to be renamed to main.inc.php and edited. However it was
 a complete fake-out.

 The Ubuntu distribution completely ignores <rc_root>/main.inc.php as
 well as <rc_root>/config/main.inc.php if you happen to make one, and
 actually uses: /var/lib/roundcube/config/main.inc.php, which is a
 symlink to: /etc/roundcube/main.inc.php.

 I'm still having some minor issues with sieve, but now that the plugin
 is actually active, I don't think it will be much trouble to tune.

 Thanks to everybody for the help! Even without the right answer, the
 questions helped to point me in the right direction.

 Terry