[RCU] 0.5.4 Roundcube display broken with lighttpd [SOLVED-ish]

Kaz Kylheku kaz at kylheku.com
Wed Sep 21 01:21:27 CEST 2011

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 19:09:15 -0400, Sahil Tandon <sahil at tandon.net>
wrote:
> Although the INSTALL document recommends the inclusion of "text/css" in
> Lighty's compress.filetype array, removing "text/css" (i.e. not
> compressing css) restores normal UI behavior.  I am not entirely
> satisfied with this, but it is a sufficient workaround for now.

Good work. Okay, so the problem would seem to be in the
compression or decompression. Might it be a issue in lighthttpd?

You're missing just perhaps one more step in your excellent root-cause
analysis.

Namely, google for "lighthttpd broken compression".

First hit:

"Lighthttpd - css files broken if mod_compress enabled on lighttpd
1.4.26"

http://redmine.lighttpd.net/boards/2/topics/4226

:)