[RCU] change the login password in roundcube

Tobias Hachmer lists at kokelnet.de
Thu Jul 12 12:46:16 CEST 2012

Am 12.07.2012 01:58, schrieb suporte at linuxbras.com.br:
> When I try to change the login password, it asks:
> Current Password: 123456
> New Password: abcdef
> Confirm new password: abcdef
> answer:
> Error!
> Could not save the new password.
>
> They can help to complete this service, change password for roundcube
> please.

So I assume that you have activated the password plugin for roundcube.
Did you configured it correctly?
Where is your user/password information stored, ldap, sql?

To configure the password plugin you have to copy the
config.inc.php.dist to config.inc.php in
<path-to-roundcube-dir>/plugins/password/

Than edit config.inc.php and tell the plugin where your passwords are
stored.
For example I use a postfixadmin mysql database and for that it looks
like this:

$rcmail_config['password_driver'] = 'sql';
$rcmail_config['password_db_dsn'] =
'mysql://postfixadminuser:secretpassword@IP-Address/postfixadmindatabase';
$rcmail_config['password_query'] = 'UPDATE mailbox SET password=%c
WHERE username=%u';

Regards,
Tobias Hachmer