[RCU] hide install details 0.8

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Thu Jul 19 13:59:59 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
> this is a BAD default
>
> usually distributions packaging roundcube and
> if this file is not flagged es config-noreplace
> any change gets overwritten on updates
>
> for security reason no software has to cry out
> it's version to random robots and possible
> attackers as default!

That is a BAD argument! If somebody wants to find out the version of a
Roundcube installation there are plenty of ways to do so, even without
the version directly exposed.

On the other hand, we often get support requests where people cannot
say what version of Roundcube they're using because it's not visible
to the users.

~Thomas