[RCU] Missing features: disable doubleclick, number of moved messages?

Fri Mar 2 15:20:26 CET 2012

On 2012-03-02 5:56 AM, Claudio Kuenzler <ck at claudiokuenzler.com> wrote:
> I've already had the bad experience that a user was moving A LOT of
> mails to a different folder and expected to happen this immediately.
> During the move, Roundcube is non-responsive (to prevent other user
> actions) but the user just closed his browser because he thought the
> browser froze. This caused a weird loop in the mail server creating
> thousands of messages in the tmp folder of the users mail dir.

Hmmm... sounds like it was copy/deleting them instead of simply mv'ing
them. Shouldn't moves be almost instantaneous? At least as long as you
are using an IMAP server that does moves properly? I think any IMAP
server should do this when maildir is used, but I don't think it is
possible with mbox, however I know dovecot can do this when mdbox is used.

So, that is the first question to answer. Then, if you're using maildir,
then is roundcube not issuing the correct IMAP command? Or maybe your
server doesn't mv messages even when using maildir?

> So an actual status of the move process would be very good to see!

Status message are always a good thing, anyway, so +1 to this regardless...

--

Best regards,

Charles