[RCU] Roundcube 0.8-beta with new skin ready for testing

Sasha Kacanski skacanski at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 22:52:03 CET 2012

Thanks for rapid responses.

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:52 PM, A.L.E.C <alec at alec.pl> wrote:

> On 03/05/2012 06:31 PM, Sasha Kacanski wrote:
>
>> No plugin issues so far. I do use only one accounts and that one is
>> working.
>>
>> larry.png does not exist under skins/images so there is no sample image
>> to be shown to user when she/he tries to change skin (prefs)
>>

> What? There's no such core feature.
>
> I am just telling you what pop'ed up as an issue. I am not discussing what
is a core feature or not.  It is fine with me if no one fixes this, I just
ran into issue as a user when I switched from larry to default in settings,
that is all.
Default sking has png image and larry does not.
I can fix this on my implementation of RC easily...

>  I use accounts to allow users to switch between archive and mail in one
>> session.
>>

> So, you're using another plugin here. When requesting performance issues
> to as, be sure the issues exists also with disabled all plugins.

Accounts plugin (remote imap) has nothing to do with this issue. I tried
both ways and performance sicks with citadel IMAP.
You might be right and this might improve as we go to cyrus.

>  On Address Book wich is public ldap and private sql stuff is working fine.
>> Problem is when I click on mail button and/or compose
>> It seems that this is working much better when I am going against
>> archive wich happens to be latest cyrus imap.
>>

> But this is some regression in RC or it's just slow imap server? You have
> folders list loaded in mail and compose screens. As I've said, Roundcube is
> not very performant with big number of folders.

You need to give me a cut off threshold.  What do you mean by big number of
folders.
On current imap server (citadel) I have max 15 folders. Is that big?
As a matter of fact, archive (cyrus) wich is performing much better, has
per year folders which comes to let's say 10 top.
If I would to create another 20 folders more I do not think that issue will
exist on the cyrus side.
Also our imap schema is relatively flat. Users have folders but we go as
far as one level down.
I am not seeing anything on the RC log side to tell me that RC is looping
or doing something wierd.
Never the less I have imap server on remote server (latency) and it is not
my first choice.
Again, I am not saying that you have issue, just bringing my issues up
front to see if someone else is experiencing similar issue.
I will move to cyrus and will see what that brings to the table.

>  Can someone point me to caching document so that I know how to setup
>> exactly caching!
>>

> To enable caching you need to change one or two config options. They're
> described in sample config file.

I enabled email caching and that is DB bound ...
As far as session and memcache:
DB Error: Failed to connect to memcached. Please check configuration in
/var/www/rcube/program/include/rcube_session.php on line 82 (GET
/rcube/?_task=mail&_action=check-recent&_mbox=INBOX&_list=1&_search=c6c55080502ae9a25c9eb9473a883655&_remote=1&_unlock=0&_=1330971489198)

There is nothing that prevents connection:

[root at frodo config]# telnet localhost 11211
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.

works fine
memcached -d -l localhost -p 11211 -u memcached -m 64 -c 1024 -P
/var/run/memcached/memcached.pid

memcache is working on the localhost ...

>       SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE!
>>
>> Error No. [604]
>>
>> no logs on RC side and all logs are enabled + trace mode (8) is in.
>>

> Don't use trace mode!!! Roundcube will print error to logs/errors file
> (check permissions).

> --
> Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak
> LAN Management System Developer [http://lms.org.pl]