[RCU] Roundcube 0.8-beta with new skin ready for testing

Sasha Kacanski skacanski at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 14:34:50 CET 2012

Alec,
thanks for being patient and kind.
First do not worry about larry theme. this image thing is trivial. Click on
settings user interface and you will get something like this:

Not Found

The requested URL /rcube/plugins/settings/skins/larry/images/larry.png was
not found on this server.
------------------------------
Apache/2.2.22 (Fedora) Server at frodo.cpmain.cunyprep.org Port 80

For slowness, I do not think that theme is causing issues at this point.
RC is slowing down possibly a bit more with larry vs. default but not that
much. ( I would say  a one second behind)
As far as folders are concerned I think we will be way bellow 100 folders.
This is most likely issue with slow imap server.
Now memcache is still an issue with RC and I can't figure it out why I
can't connect to memcache on localhost. I can telenet to it fine.

I use latest browsers firefox 10 /beta and chrome ....

so other than that I really like larry theme.
good job ...

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:11 AM, A.L.E.C <alec at alec.pl> wrote:

> On 05.03.2012 22:52, Sasha Kacanski wrote:
>
> >> What? There's no such core feature.
> >>
> >> I am just telling you what pop'ed up as an issue. I am not discussing
> what
> > is a core feature or not.  It is fine with me if no one fixes this, I
> just
> > ran into issue as a user when I switched from larry to default in
> settings,
> > that is all.
>
> My point is that we probably can't help with plugins we don't know. As I
> understand now, your point is that larry is slower than default, right?
> It's possible, it uses more js code (new code) for interface widgets.
> What browser do you use?
>
> > Default sking has png image and larry does not.
> > I can fix this on my implementation of RC easily...
>
> Still don't know what image are you talking about.
>
> > You need to give me a cut off threshold.  What do you mean by big number
> of
> > folders.
> > On current imap server (citadel) I have max 15 folders. Is that big?
>
> No, more than 100 is a big number here.
>
> --
> Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak
> LAN Management System Developer [http://lms.org.pl]