[RCU] New server + upgrade, lost contacts

Josh Whitver whitverj at urbandale.k12.ia.us
Thu Mar 22 20:11:13 CET 2012

Hello all,

I'm migrating our RoundCube from an old server to a VM, and in the process upgrading it from 0.4-beta to 0.7.  I copied the MySQL database from the old server to the new server, and ran the /bin/update.sh file and let it make the database schema changes, and it seems to be basically working, but when I login to the new server, my local Address Book contacts from the old server aren't present on the new server.

Am I missing some steps?

Here's how it went:
# ./update.sh
What version are you upgrading from? Type '?' if you don't know.
0.4
WARNING: Database schema needs to be updated!
Missing table 'cache_index'
Missing table 'cache_thread'
Missing table 'cache_messages'
Missing columns in table 'contacts': words
Missing table 'dictionary'
Missing table 'searches'

Do you want to run the update queries to get the schmea fixed? (y/N)
Indexing contacts for user 3...done.
Indexing contacts for user 6...done.
Indexing contacts for user 9...done.
Indexing contacts for user 10...done.
Indexing contacts for user 13...done.
Indexing contacts for user 16...done.
[...]
Indexing contacts for user 606...done.
This instance of Roundcube is up-to-date.
Have fun!

--
Josh Whitver
whitverj at urbandale.k12.ia.us / josh at whitver.net
The best way to make a fire with two sticks is to make sure one of them is a match.