[RCU] Session timeouts all over the place

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Wed May 2 00:55:40 CEST 2012

Am 02.05.2012 00:05, schrieb Arne Berglund:
> On 05/01/2012 14:41, Michael Heydekamp wrote:
>> Am 28.04.2012 18:20, schrieb Thomas Bruederli:

>>> However, to be honest, your Roundcube installation still seems to be
>>> pretty fucked up :-)
>>
>> Well, I wouldn't say so. ;) It's a pretty standard installation of the
>> latest stable release - which is 0.7.2.
>
> But Michael, I've got several hundred users on 0.7.2 daily, with no
> session timeouts ever.

You lucky one. :)

Serious question: Do you have several hundred users on your server and you
have RC just installed but probably not widely used, because your several
hundred users are mainly or exclusively using their local mail client (as
most of the subscribers to this list, given the "User-Agent" and "X-Mailer"
headers I'm seeing)...? Or are these several hundred users really using RC
only and all day?

I'm using RC only and all day, no local mail client installed at all, that
may be a difference.

And if all of your users should be using RC only and all day (which would
surprise me), how can you be sure that they do not experience any session
timeouts at all? Because your log files are telling you that, or just
because they don't report anything? If the latter - well ... users, you
know? ;)

At least, there have been several reports of session timeouts from several
other users/administrators besides me here. So there seems to be an issue.

> I've been personally been using the latest svn

Well, that's not 0.7.2 stable then, right?

> (updated a couple of times per week), no timeouts there, either. I'm not
> certain what your environment is (haven't been following this all that
> closely), but it must be either your environment or your install as my
> instances have been rock stable.

JFTR of this list as of today:

Server-side:
------------
- dedicated server i386/64bit under Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 (Squeeze)
- Dovecot 1.2.15
- Apache 2.2.16
- PHP 5.3.3
- All services running on the same machine, no encryption, no proxy

Locally:
--------
Win7/64
IE8