[RCU] Session timeouts all over the place

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Wed May 2 02:44:09 CEST 2012

Am 02.05.2012 01:21, schrieb Arne Berglund:
> On 05/01/2012 15:55, Michael Heydekamp wrote:

>> And if all of your users should be using RC only and all day (which would
>> surprise me), how can you be sure that they do not experience any session
>> timeouts at all? Because your log files are telling you that, or just
>> because they don't report anything? If the latter - well ... users, you
>> know? ;)
>
> Trust me, my users are whiners. If there were timeouts, I'd know. But
> I've checked the logs to verify, no session timeouts.

Of course, I trust you.

>> At least, there have been several reports of session timeouts from several
>> other users/administrators besides me here. So there seems to be an issue.
>
> I'm not trying to imply there's no problem, but simply stating that these
> issues are far from universal, which would lead me to think about your
> environment.

Well, as you now know our environment - anything wrong with it?

Given what you're saying (sorry for having shortened the quote a bit), it
brings me back to the assumption that it may be a browser-related issue
(which I indicated in the subject of some of my previous messages). Have you
got a clue which browser your users are using? You're talking about an
"organization", so I assume that all of your users are being forced to use a
specific browser? If so, which?

> I'm testing mine against both Win7/32 & Mac OS10.7, using primarily
> Safari & Firefox (on both platforms).

So not IE... That's the main difference I'm seeing.

Regards,
--
Michael Heydekamp
Co-Admin freexp.de