[RCU] How to diff/patch this stuff?

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Sat May 5 21:58:13 CEST 2012

Hi RC folks,

there have recently been some fixes and code optimizations to the
'contextmenu' plugin, which I wanted to try to backport to our current
plugin version which we are using together with RC 0.7.2. The changes were
committed to the 0.8 branch of this plugin only, so I wasn't sure if I can
simply replace our plugin version with the 0.8 one because of possible
incompatibilities - that's why I wanted to extract the changes.

I downloaded a zip file with the latest code from
https://github.com/JohnDoh/Roundcube-Plugin-Context-Menu/tree/741e41732356c8cdff3f982d4528ba0ef9519879
(as it's pretty small, I'm attaching it here).

There are two issues which are not clear to me:

1) The file the relevant changes were committed to is
"jquery.contextMenu.js". Looking at this file in the attached zip, the
entire code appears to be in just one single line. Looking at the same file
in our plugin directory ./plugins/contextmenu/, the code is, well, just
"normal", line by line. I have no idea how to diff/patch this and why the
files are looking that different. Does anybody else...?

2) The file "contextmenu.php" in the attached zip contains a line "*
@version @package_version@". Apparently @package_version@ needs to be
replaced by the information contained in "package.xml", but how to do this
(if not manually)...?

Thanks and a nice weekend to you all,
--
Michael Heydekamp