[RCU] Re: This problem has been affecting me

Charles Carver charlescarver at mac.com
Sun May 6 05:37:23 CEST 2012

I originally had "Problem connecting to Gmail's IMAP server?" but I copied and pasted the body into the header (by accident, I don't know what I was doing...) and completely forgot to change it back.

Also, since this is my first time using a mailing list, I'm not sure how to reply to emails. I just sent one with this exact text (minus these few sentences) with the "Re:" before the "[RCU]" and never got an email saying it was posted, so I'm sending this one with the re after.
> DO NOT WRITE YOU WHOLE MESSAGE IN THE SUBJECT
> AND USE A MEANINGFUL SUBJECT
>
> Am 06.05.2012 05:08, schrieb Charles Carver:
> > This problem has been affecting me since I installed roundcube, I can't get Gmail's IMAP settings to work with it.
> >
> > The SMTP settings work fine:
> >
> > Server: ssl://smtp.gmail.com (http://smtp.gmail.com)
> > Port: 465
> > User: ****
> > Password: ****
> > Trying to send email...
> > SMTP send: OK
> >
> > But when I try to use Gmail's IMAP settings, I get the following error:
> >
> > Connecting to ssl://imap.gmail.com (http://imap.gmail.com)...
> > IMAP connect: NOT OK(Login failed for **** from 74.110.63.15. Could not connect to ssl://imap.gmail.com:993 (http://imap.gmail.com:993):
> > Connection timed out)
> >
> > I've tried multiple things, including contacting my server to see if the port was blocked (it wasn't), but nothing
> > is working.
> >
> > I can't figure out the problem and there are no posts on the forum with a solution.
>
> looks not like a roundcube-problem
> connection timeout
>
> however, you should post you configuration if you need help!
>
> what says "telnet imap.gmail.com (http://imap.gmail.com) 993" from your roundcube-server?
> have you tried "tls" instead "ssl"?

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'ssl://imap.gmail.com (http://imap.gmail.com)';
$rcmail_config['default_port'] = 993;
$rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = '';
$rcmail_config['imap_delimiter'] = null;
$rcmail_config['imap_ns_personal'] = null;
$rcmail_config['imap_ns_other']    = null;
$rcmail_config['imap_ns_shared']   = null;
$rcmail_config['imap_force_caps'] = false;
$rcmail_config['imap_force_lsub'] = false;
$rcmail_config['imap_timeout'] = 0;
$rcmail_config['imap_auth_cid'] = null;
$rcmail_config['imap_auth_pw'] = null;
$rcmail_config['imap_cache'] = null;
$rcmail_config['messages_cache'] = false;

That's my config for the IMAP section.

Are you suggesting I try this:

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'tls://imap.gmail.com (http://imap.gmail.com)';

?