[RCU] Installing Plugins

Claudio Kuenzler ck at claudiokuenzler.com
Sun May 6 11:39:58 CEST 2012

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 11:29 AM, T Burton <lovetosewboutique at yahoo.com>wrote:

> After being able to install the new version 0.7.2 thru Softaculous, I
> would like to know if it is possible to download the available plugins for
> roundcube within Softaculous?  My shared hosting plan with kvchosting, said
> they will not allow me to install plugins thru my cpanel with fear that it
> could break it, so how else can these plugins be installed, or am I out of
> luck?

You need to either have
- Shell access or
- FTP access
to your Roundcube installation. You need to manually edit the configuration
file (main.inc.php) and activate the plugins in the plugins folder.

Here's the documentation on how to activate plugins:
http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Doc_Plugins
Trac seems to be down right now though....