[RCU] Session timeouts all over the place

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Mon May 7 09:32:26 CEST 2012

Michael Heydekamp wrote:
> Am 03.05.2012 09:11, schrieb Claudio Kuenzler:
>> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Michael Heydekamp <listuser at freexp.de wrote:
>
>>> [02-May-2012 23:45:15 +0200]: Session authentication failed for 3bnr138hd6pj2p1sfbhm27uod1; invalid auth cookie sent
>>> [02-May-2012 23:45:17 +0200]: Aborted session 3bnr138hd6pj2p1sfbhm27uod1; no valid session data found
>> This has already been found and discussed. Alec created a new bug in trac
>> and Thomas already created some bugfixes.
>> There are other threads concerning session timeouts/keep-alive problems -
>> I suggest you read them, too.
>
> I believe that I've read all of them since I am subscribed to this list,
> but well, probably I may have missed something.
>
> Can you provide a link to those "some bugfixes"? Or are you talking about
> these ones:
>
> http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1488449
> http://trac.roundcube.net/changeset/6134
> http://trac.roundcube.net/changeset/6135
>
> If so, these fixes are related to the change of the User-Agent header, as
> far as I understand (and the title of the ticket says). But can they be
> related to the scenario that I'm thrown back to the login screen in the
> middle of composing a message after say 10-20 mins. of composing? Can a
> browser change the User-Agent header even WHILE composing a message at all?
> And does the User-Agent header play a role in this situation at all..?

Changeset 6135 is not about user agents but makes Roundcube more stable
when checking the validity of an active session. It tries to take
connection problems into account. Please find attached the above mentioned
changesets backported to the 0.7 release branch. You should be able to
apply the patch to your installation.

~Thomas