[RCU] This problem has been affecting me
charlescarver at mac.com
Tue May 8 01:34:06 CEST 2012
They basically said it wasn't the server that was blacklisted, but Gmail's IMAP server? And I changed my MX records to my own domain so that there wouldn't be a possible conflict while logging in... but so far I still can't login from my computer. I wish I could get a better log of what's happening, instead of just "Connection time out".
On May 7, 2012, at 3:13 PM, Claudio Kuenzler <> wrote:
> as expected
> if you are having timeouts while connect
> it is mostly not the client software
> so his main work should now be find out what is ging wrong
> on his machine, stop the outgoing spam and check the MTA
> configuration - blacklisting on 3 RBLs sounds like some sort
> of open relay which must not happen and can easily be prevented
> in the initial setup with some testing
> Charles, try to find the reason for the blacklisting, solve the issues, de-list and test again.
> maybe there are more than 3 lists
> look with this tool: http://www.mxtoolbox.com/
> Yes, I used http://www.blacklistalert.org/, makes more or less the same.
> Am 07.05.2012 20:59, schrieb Claudio Kuenzler:So Charles tested the login off-list on my test install. Worked fine.
> Without telling the public IP of Charles, his IP is indeed blacklisted on:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the users