[RCU] SQLite3 plans

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Tue May 15 09:26:39 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 8:25 AM, A.L.E.C <alec at alec.pl> wrote:
> On 05/14/2012 03:57 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
>> With the removal of sqlite2 from php-5.4, I was just wondering what the
>> eventual plans for SQLite are?
>
> We're using PEAR MDB2 package and there's no official driver for
> sqlite3. For now we don't plan to work on this. However there is a
> ticket in our tracker that we could/should use other database
> abstraction package. We could also write our own library based on PDO.
> It shouldn't be so hard, because we've got quite small needs, but it has
> low priority. Also most people use mysql/pgsql.

For the sake of completeness, here are the mentioned tickets in both
our tracker and the corresponding feature request on the PEAR MDB2
project page:
http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1488332
http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=6907

The latter one even contains an unofficial patch of a PDO+SQlite3
driver for MDB2.

But the best choice, however, would certainly be to replace the use of
MDB2 with our own implementation using PDO which is default since PHP
5.1

~Thomas