[RCU] Bug: missing text in forwarded messages

Panagiotis Christias p.christias at noc.ntua.gr
Mon May 28 01:21:49 CEST 2012

Hello everybody,

currently we are using roundcube at http://webmail.ntua.gr/, serving
more than 35 mail servers in our university and we are extremely happy
with it.

There is a bug reported by users that affects certain messages when
forwarded, or replied, inline. These messages contain an HTML part (just
it or plus an alternative plain part and other attachments). When
forwarding or replying and "Compose HTML messages" is set to "never" the
HTML part is used but several pieces of the text are missing.

Such a message, slightly modified, is available at:

   http://noc.ntua.gr/~christia/tmp/message.txt

The pieces of text dropped out are the ones that are highlighted blue in
the HTML part. It has, probably, something to do with roundcube's HTML
parser and the fact that the syntax of the HTML part contains many errors.

Tested in versions 0.8-RC and older (back to 0.5).

Regards,
Panagiotis

--
Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
p.christias at noc.ntua.gr    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE