[RCU] BUG 0.9.0 trash deleting

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Tue Apr 23 04:56:27 CEST 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 11:03 +0200, A.L.E.C wrote:

> On 04/22/2013 02:50 AM, Noel Butler wrote:
> > case 2: Failure- highlight all messages, control un-select a few
> > messages to keep, results in no deletions at all.
>
> I'm unable to reproduce. Do you delete clicking on Delete button/icon or
> pressing Delete key?

Both

>  What do you have in Preferences > Server settings >
> Main options?

> Did you try with disabled all plugins?

yes

> Did you try with different browsers?

firefox 20 and chrome

> Did you try with different skins? What skin? What

We use classic because larry has always had issues here (never shows
other mail folders, chops off bits here and there - but I put it down to
our desktop OS's - ubuntu and  suse) which means it likely might occur
for users as well, so we default to classic.

> browser? Did you try to check what request (if any) is sent to the
> server?
> If request is sent could you provide it's content and imap_debug
> log from this moment?

Ok, from this we have established that it is due to these conditions
page limit 50
deleted messages more than 50, I use LKML for my test, giving me 700
messages plus.
click the all messages icon, selects all 700  (when I checked before it
had 12K messages to delete)

unselect any single message or more on that first page  <---  when this
occurs it changes the behaviour to " only delete on this page"

I didnt notice this in my previous test given the first pages were all
from the same poster, when imap_debug showed deletions I then took more
notice of the tl message count and as tested again the count infact
reduced, re-tested a few times more and concluded this is what it is
doing, rather than deleting all messages less the unselected ones, once
you unselect a message, it will then only delete the remaining
highlighted messages on that single page.

Cheers