[RCU] New Roundcube Deployment

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Aug 10 08:06:14 CEST 2013

On Fri, 9 Aug 2013, Kaz Kylheku wrote:

> On 09.08.2013 11:55, David Carter wrote:
>> First a number of people (in particular elderly, important,
>> Professors) have complained about the fonts and colour scheme used by
>> the Larry theme. In particular the fact that there is no way to
>> increase the size of the font.
>
> ???
>
> Immediately upon reading the above (in my RoundCube window,
> in Firefox), I held down the Ctrl key and played with the mouse
> wheel. The font size changed up and down throughout the UI.

Yes, sorry: I meant changing the default inside Roundcube. Ctrl-+ is
already being used as a workaround (although this is a little more awkward
in our case as people are directed to one of three HTTP servers on login).

However if an eldery Professor with poor eye sight has to do this on each
new computer that they walk up to then they will conclude that it is a
problem with Roundcube, rather than a problem with their eye sight.

I guess that I could knock together a larry-large skin, which is identical
to larry but with larger fonts.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.