[RCU] New Roundcube Deployment

Arne Berglund aberglund at lesd.k12.or.us
Sat Aug 10 18:19:48 CEST 2013

On 2013-08-09 23:20, David Carter wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Aug 2013, David Carter wrote:
>
> We are currently using the default:
>
>   // Session lifetime in minutes
>   $rcmail_config['session_lifetime'] = 10;
>
> which seemed sensible for permanently on connections.
>
> I guess that I could increase that to an hour, or maybe two hours.
>
> I am curious what other people use for session_lifetime, as this must
> be a fairly widespread problem for Roundcube deployments.

We have been using Roundcube as our default for several years, and have
never heard any problem with this. I personally have closed my laptop on
RC and moved to a different room without problem many times. Our
session_lifetime is still set at the default '10'.

You mentioned that you have 3 servers running, I wonder if the loss of
session is because when moving from place to place your users are
changing servers? No idea if that's a possibility, as I have no
experience with clustering of this type.

--
Arne Berglund
System Administrator, Internet Services