[RCU] New Roundcube Deployment

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Sun Aug 11 18:02:04 CEST 2013

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 8:55 PM, David Carter <dpc22 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> We switched our main University Webmail service (30k users) to Roundcube on
> Monday:
>
>    https://webmail.hermes.cam.ac.uk/
>
> On the whole the deployment has gone well (if we discount a foul up on my
> part which isn't relevant to this list).
>
> Two issues have arisen:
>
> First a number of people (in particular elderly, important, Professors) have
> complained about the fonts and colour scheme used by the Larry theme. In
> particular the fact that there is no way to increase the size of the font.
>
> I don't suppose that plugins exist that would allow people to change the
> font size?
>
> Failing that do people find that the Classic theme is considered an
> acceptable alternative? At the moment I have disabled that simply because
> the Larry theme is a better fit to our new University house style.

Increasing font size is a standard feature that every browser
supports. Thus none of our default skins has such a functionality
built in. But with the "extensible" skins it relatively easy to create
a custom skin that supports this and still makes use of the templates
and styles from the default skin.

~Thomas