[RCU] New Roundcube Deployment

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Sun Aug 11 18:08:14 CEST 2013

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM, David Carter <dpc22 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Aug 2013, David Carter wrote:
>
>> Slightly more alarmingly we have had one report (and only one report to
>> date) where the Send button only works intermittently,
>

> A bit of experimentation last night demonstrates that if someone clicks
> "Send" after a login session has expired then roundcube just sits there with
> a spinning "sending" icon at the bottom left.

Hmm, sessions should not expire while somebody has an active window
and is still typing a message. This is the real issue that needs to be
investigated and resolved. But you already mentioned that the memcache
fix is applied in your deployment, right?

> The user doesn't get to see a popup alert to explain what has happened
> (although on the positive side it doesn't just throw away the message).

Wow, I didn't know that the a popup blocker also blocks inline HTML dialogs...
The webmail should probably be white-listed in your Firefox installations.

> I imagine that is what is being reported here. While the KeepAlive stuff
> seems to be working, I imagine that it is quite common for people to close
> up their laptop and move to another room before continuing a message.

Aha!

Saving the message as a draft will likely help these people even when
the session expires. But we also have another "helper" planned for
this: http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1488925

~Thomas