[RCU] New Roundcube Deployment

Kaz Kylheku kaz at kylheku.com
Sun Aug 11 18:29:48 CEST 2013

On 09.08.2013 23:06, David Carter wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Aug 2013, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
>
>> On 09.08.2013 11:55, David Carter wrote:
>>> First a number of people (in particular elderly, important,
>>> Professors) have complained about the fonts and colour scheme used by
>>> the Larry theme. In particular the fact that there is no way to
>>> increase the size of the font.
>>
>> ???
>>
>> Immediately upon reading the above (in my RoundCube window,
>> in Firefox), I held down the Ctrl key and played with the mouse
>> wheel. The font size changed up and down throughout the UI.
>
> Yes, sorry: I meant changing the default inside Roundcube. Ctrl-+ is
> already being used as a workaround (although this is a little more
> awkward in our case as people are directed to one of three HTTP
> servers on login).
>
> However if an eldery Professor with poor eye sight has to do this on
> each new computer that they walk up to then they will conclude that it
> is a problem with Roundcube, rather than a problem with their eye
> sight.

Someone with poor eyesight will have trouble with every PC
application that has a UI with text, and every web page.

The fonts in the default Roundcube theme aren't any smaller than
anywhere else in the system.

Microsoft Windows allows you to increase the UI font size globally;
does the Roundcube UI not respond to this?

There are also font size settings in Firefox (separate from the
scale change via Ctrl-{+/-/wheel}.