[RCU] File upload failed for 1.4MB file

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Mon Dec 9 19:25:32 CET 2013

On 12/09/2013 01:12 PM, Arne Berglund wrote:

> When RC (or any mail client) encodes an attachment, there is a fair
> amount of overhead added. Your 2MB upload limit is probably not
> sufficient to allow a 1.4MB attachment. Try increasing it to 4MB.

This tricks people who set *attachment* size limits, but shouldn't have
much of an effect on the POST or upload sizes. I believe the only
overhead is for the multipart/form-data encoding and for the HTTP
headers, both of which are relatively small.

I just checked that Roundcube does upload a PDF as multipart/form-data
(and not as, say, application/x-www-form-urlencoded). Maybe if this
remains a mystery the OP can see what it does for his file; I used the
Firefox Live HTTP Headers extension.