[RCU] Roundcube producing a lot of IMAP logins

Kelsey Cummings kgc at corp.sonic.net
Thu Nov 14 21:10:07 CET 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 04:20:58PM +0100, Cor Bosman wrote:
> Persistent IMAP server connections is a different story. In some situations that could help. But it's also not trivial to set up. You could look at using an imap proxy to emulate persistent connections.  I believe Timo (dovecot's author) once showed that dovecot is faster than using a proxy, so don't even bother with a proxy when using dovecot.

For our installation, using up-imapproxy with Dovecot did improve
performance.  So, YMMV, and I recommend actually testing to see how
things work either way.

(We do a number of things that may make initial login more latent
than it may be for other people using Dovecot and that probably
accounts for the difference.)

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc at corp.sonic.net      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way