[RCU] custom headers

Kaz Kylheku kaz at kylheku.com
Mon Oct 7 21:10:21 CEST 2013

The RoundCube UI has support for some basic headers. You can "Add CC",
"Add Bcc", "Add Reply-To" and "Add Followup-To". You can look for these
strings in the code and extend the UI with headers of your choice. A
possibility would be "Add Arbitrary Header", where q quick and dirty way
to implement it would be to let the user enter the header using "Name:
value" syntax, and parse it out. You could repeat that button three
times so the user can add up to three custom headers.

As far as PGP headers go, you really don't want users to be mucking
around with headers; PGP support ought to be integrated into the client.

This has been the subject of a long-standing trac ticket:

http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1440396

Earlier this year, an annoucement was made in this list by someone
developing an OpenPGP plugin:

http://lists.roundcube.net/pipermail/dev/2013-January/022123.html