[RCU] Setting up mail on mobile

Kaz Kylheku kaz at kylheku.com
Mon Oct 28 16:29:54 CET 2013

 On 27.10.2013 21:16, zamri wrote:

> You all may want to try roundcube app on android. Just search roundcube in Google Play.

Quote from description: "If your webmail interface is not Roundcube,
then this application will not work!"

It's some kind of web clipping shim for RC which seems rather
uninteresting. Mobile support should be developed in Roundcube itself
and deployed in Roundcube instalaltions, so writing hacks like this is a
waste of effort for short term gain.

By and large, applications in the Google Play Store are over-rated. I
have tried apps that had close to full five star rating by hundreds of
users that I nevertheless found to be junk.

So this app's three star rating is a very bad sign, and things take a
turn for the worse when we read the reviews, based on which I wouldn't
waste time on this.