[RCU] Order of folders cluttered

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Sun Jun 1 14:22:35 CEST 2014

On 06/01/2014 12:03 AM, Michael Heydekamp wrote:
> Anyway, why does RC touch any sorting at all? I remember that we had defined
> a default sorting for the special folders for all of our users in the main
> config a while ago, which was then being written to the database upon
> creating a new user. At least this is how I remember it.

IMAP servers do not return sorted list. Especially if you take hierarchy
and unicode into account. That's why re-sorting is needed.

As for the special folders. Their order is hardcoded and should be
always the same. If you were able to set their order in previous
versions, it wasn't intentional and is not possible now. We removed
default_folders option.

Still, special folders should be on top of the list in following order:
Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Junk, Trash.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak