[RCU] Order of folders cluttered

Michael Heydekamp listuser at freexp.de
Sun Jun 1 22:36:40 CEST 2014

Am 01.06.2014 14:22, schrieb A.L.E.C:
> On 06/01/2014 12:03 AM, Michael Heydekamp wrote:
>
>> Anyway, why does RC touch any sorting at all? I remember that we had defined
>> a default sorting for the special folders for all of our users in the main
>> config a while ago, which was then being written to the database upon
>> creating a new user. At least this is how I remember it.
>
> IMAP servers do not return sorted list. Especially if you take hierarchy
> and unicode into account. That's why re-sorting is needed.

Hmm. Wouldn't that be a perfect reason to leave the order up to the user
(which we'd prefer anyway)?

> As for the special folders. Their order is hardcoded and should be
> always the same. If you were able to set their order in previous
> versions, it wasn't intentional and is not possible now. We removed
> default_folders option.

I didn't know that. Why did you do that? Did I miss an announcement and/or
discussion about it? I'd definitely would like to have the Draft folder
below the Sent folder, for instance. And I had that order for years, and
never had a problem with it.

> Still, special folders should be on top of the list in following order:
> Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Junk, Trash.

Well, it should, but is still not the case.

See screenshot attached (where "Posteingang" = Inbox, "Entwürfe" = Draft,
"Spam" = Junk, "Gesendet" = Sent, and "Gelöscht" = Trash). All marked in
yellow.

You BTW missed to answer my question what exactly should have happened after
your fix - automatic reordering, or was/is there any action on our part
being required?

Cheers,
--
Michael Heydekamp