[RCU] Roundcube message retrieval takes >12 seconds

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Wed Nov 5 07:04:51 CET 2014

On 11/04/2014 08:49 PM, G H wrote:
> I have an IMAP acount with about 1200 folders (nested in some fashion or another). And they are all subscribed as well. When a message is loaded (ie: double clicked) RoundCube is calling:
>   LIST (SUBSCRIBED) "" "*"
>
> This results in dovecot/IMAP sending back the list and Apache going to 100% CPU usage during this time (dovecot is fine) -- it takes over 12s

There was an issue in sorting the list on Roundcube side. It's fixed in
git-master. Try with this version, which should become 1.1-beta very soon.

Anyway, it still may be slow in the browser as we create folders list
with all folders. Having so many subscribed folders is not a good idea.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak