[RCU] Auto subscribe IMAP folder

deoren roundcube-users at whyaskwhy.org
Sat Nov 15 01:34:42 CET 2014

On 11/7/2014 6:30 AM, absolutely_free at libero.it wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created at file system level a custom folder "Archive" in every Maildir.

What IMAP server software do you use? If you use Dovecot it can create those
custom folders for you. I think with 2.0.x it was through a separate plugin,
with 2.2.x it comes built-in.

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Autocreate
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailboxSettings

> Is there a way to let RC auto-suscribe those new folders?
>
> I put this in defaults.inc.php

It may have the same effect, but I think you're supposed to put your custom options
  in config.inc.php. Of course I may have a different version than you.

> $config['default_folders'] = array('INBOX', 'Drafts', 'Sent', 'Junk',
> 'Trash', 'Archive');
> $config['create_default_folders'] = true;
>
> But this works only for  NEW users (never logged in) have Archive folder
> already subscribed.

I grepped through defaults.inc.php on my installation and found this:

// By default list of subscribed folders is determined using LIST-EXTENDED
// extension if available. Some servers (dovecot 1.x) returns wrong results
// for shared namespaces in this case. http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1486225
// Enable this option to force LSUB command usage instead.
// Deprecated: Use imap_disabled_caps = array('LIST-EXTENDED')
$config['imap_force_lsub'] = false;

// Some server configurations (e.g. Courier) doesn't list folders in all namespaces
// Enable this option to force listing of folders in all namespaces
$config['imap_force_ns'] = false;

Perhaps that last one would be of help?