[RCU] If not listing only folders with new unread mail - how about . . - clarification

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Fri Nov 21 14:26:22 CET 2014

People,

On 2014-11-21 23:14, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> A.L.E.C,
>

> On 2014-11-21 22:55, A.L.E.C wrote:
>> On 11/21/2014 12:45 PM, Philip Rhoades wrote:
>>> I have had a request for an enhancement on the books for a couple of
>>> years but it hasn't gotten anywhere (ie an option to display only
>>> folders that have unread mail in them [like ThunderBird] - I have
>>
>> Yes, and we have a ticket for this.
>

> Is it getting an closer to being worked on do you think?
>

>>> hundreds of folders and subfolders and I am forever scrolling . .).
>>> So,
>>
>> Question is if you really need all of these folders subscribed?
>

> It IS a bit obsessive I know but am involved in lots of organisations
> with lots of people and it helps me to have everything logically
> organised . .
>

>>> When the Inbox has the focus, allow jumping down to the next folder
>>> with
>>> unread mail in it by using CTRL-DownArrow ?
>>>
>>> I guess, for consistency, CTRL-UpArrow should do the reverse.
>>
>> +1,
>

> Good!
>

>> but...
>> - I'm not sure about using Ctrl+Arrow for this.
>

> I don't really mind what it is as long as it is an easy KB shortcut . .
>

>> - There's also a question if that should be a "global" feature or only
>> working when folders list has focus. I suppose global, but we do not
>> have global shortcuts in core yet.
>

> I guess it wouldn't matter if it was global - I can't see that
> CTRL-DownArrow would have any usefulness in the other panes so it
> shouldn't conflict? - I just thought it would be more logical when the
> folder pane had focus . .

I just realised (because of a private response from Steve - thanks!)
that I probably wasn't clear enough with the first mail - I have
hundreds of folders and I use maildrop to put incoming mail directly
into it's appropriate folder - so unread mails are usually spread out
over a very long list of mostly read folders . .

Sorry for any confusion . .

Regards,

Phil.
--