[RCU] DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Sat Feb 7 13:55:15 CET 2015

On 2015-02-07 3:27 am, ɹןʇnqן wrote:
> After installing RC $CURRENT and going through the installation, I get
> DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED on loading the main RC page.
>
> Installer steps:
>

> Check environmentCreate configTest config
> Checking PHP version
>
> Version:  OK(PHP 5.4.17 detected)
>
> - - - > (this is odd. php 5.5 is installed)
>
> could there be a separate install of 5.4?
>
> $ more /usr/local/etc/php.conf
> PHP_VER=55
> PHP_VERSION=5.5.21
> PHP_SAPI=cli fpm
> PHP_EXT_INC=pcre spl
>
> - - - > continuing…
>
> Checking PHP extensions
>
> The following modules/extensions are required to run Roundcube:
>
> PCRE:  OK
> DOM:  OK
> Session:  OK
> XML:  OK
> JSON:  OK
> PDO:  OK
> The next couple of extensions are optional and recommended to get the
> best performance:
>
> FileInfo:  NOT AVAILABLE(See
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.fileinfo.php)
> Libiconv:  OK
> Multibyte:  OK
> OpenSSL:  OK
> Mcrypt:  OK
> Intl:  NOT AVAILABLE(See http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.intl.php)
> Exif:  NOT AVAILABLE(See http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.exif.php)
> Checking available databases
>
> Check which of the supported extensions are installed. At least one of
> them is required.
>
> MySQL:  NOT AVAILABLE(See
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-mysql.php)
> PostgreSQL:  NOT AVAILABLE(See
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-pgsql.php)
> SQLite:  OK
> SQLite (v2):  NOT AVAILABLE(See
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-sqlite.php)
> SQL Server (SQLSRV):  NOT AVAILABLE(See
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-sqlsrv.php)
> SQL Server (DBLIB):  NOT AVAILABLE(See
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-dblib.php)
> Check for required 3rd party libs
>
> This also checks if the include path is set correctly.
>
> PEAR:  OK
> Net_SMTP:  OK
> Net_IDNA2:  OK
> Mail_mime:  OK
> Checking php.ini/.htaccess settings
>
> The following settings are required to run Roundcube:
>
> file_uploads:  OK
> session.auto_start:  OK
> zend.ze1_compatibility_mode:  OK
> mbstring.func_overload:  OK
> magic_quotes_runtime:  OK
> magic_quotes_sybase:  OK
> The following settings are optional and recommended:
>
> allow_url_fopen:  OK
> date.timezone:  NOT OK(not set)
> register_globals:  OK
>
> Check config file
>
> defaults.inc.php:  OK
> config.inc.php:  OK
> Check if directories are writable
>
> Roundcube may need to write/save files into these directories

> [...]

The output indicates that it couldn't find any database type running. Do
you have an applicable database your preferred database type installed
and running?
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever
just stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1