[RCU] Errors after upgrading to 1.1.0 - Class "PEAR" not found and Class "Mail_mime" not found

Thomas Bruederli thomas at roundcube.net
Wed Feb 11 21:54:22 CET 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 4:22 PM, deoren <roundcube-users at whyaskwhy.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks in advance for reading this.
>
> ---
>
> Prior to upgrading to 1.1.0 my Roundcube 1.0.5 installation (Ubuntu 12.04
> LTS) worked just fine. When I went to run the bin/update.sh command like so:
>
>   bin/update.sh --package roundcube --version=1.1 --dir=./SQL
>
> I received this error:
>
>   PHP Fatal error:  Class 'PEAR' not found in
> /var/www/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/bootstrap.php on line 100

You obviously didn't install the "complete" package of the Roundcube release.

> I looked through all three guides and did not find mention of "mime":
>
> * http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Install
> * http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Upgrade
> * http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Requirements

You're right, these documents require some update after the changes
that came with Roundcube 1.1.0.

> nor did I find instructions telling me to use PEAR to install any modules. I
> did see mention of Composer, but the guides above made no reference to it
> that I could find. On the getcomposer.org site I looked at the "Using
> Composer" section:
>
>   https://getcomposer.org/doc/00-intro.md#using-composer
>
> which suggested running:
>
>   php composer.phar install
>
> but I did not find a composer.phar file. I did find a composer.json-dist
> file, but no references to composer.json or composer.json-ist in the
> documentation (aside from some rewrite rules blocking direct access).

If your already looked at composer.org, you should also have come
across this page: https://getcomposer.org/download/

Please look into the INSTALL file within the Roundcube 1.1.0 package.
It explains the steps how to install the 3rd party libraries using
composer. I admit that this should be mentioned in the UGRADING
document as well. We'll fix the docs accordingly.

Thanks for reporting!

~Thomas